We've Moved!

Grace's Blog has moved to: http://www.hooverspad.com

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Is one still a baby?

Kevin and I have been wondering if when you are one are you still considered a baby? As we looked at her at the time of her birth (one year later) we were speechless - she is nothing that we expected and everything that we love. I have to admit that her turning one has been very difficult for me -- that I will continue to grieve as milestones pass is a harsh reality sometimes-- other times I think I'm crazy to grieve -- she is wonderful! She was actually a little under the weather on her birthday, but happily we are going to try and celebrate at a later time with cousin Nathan. Tomorrow we go to get her one year pictures taken -- we will share them with you I promise! She is a beautiful little girl - great cheeks... at work they look at her pictures and talk about how you could just pinch them! If she would only weigh 20 pounds I could turn around her car seat -- I am seriously looking forward to that.

Daycare is going well. This is her last week with Grandpa - but of course he'll always be able to pinch-hit! Thank you all for checking in, we most definitely appreciate it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kevin and Joy

I am praising God for Grace on her first birthday!!

I also pray that you realized that through the pain, struggles, sleepless nights, tear-filled hours, joy-filled times, smiles, and tears and all of the other links of this one year emotional roller coaster ride that you have been on – that God has been faithfully revealing the association between the name that you have given your daughter and the free gift that He has been giving the three of you, brand new each day – the gift of His Grace.

A warning that I feel that I must share with you, as a father of experience. Kevin and Joy – “Don’t Blink”. You will find the years ahead of you as Grace grows into the beautiful child of God that He has created her to be will pass so quickly and the “baby” that you hold today will soon be the young woman that will fill your hearts with joy.

I thank you so much for the picture of Grace that you sent at Christmas and will look forward to seeing her 1 year pics soon. Even better yet I will look forward to seeing the three of you hopefully at church.

God’s Abundant Blessings,

Jim McConeghey