We've Moved!

Grace's Blog has moved to: http://www.hooverspad.com

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

She's one tough girl!

The doctors and Allison(our dietician) have made some changes. They don't feel that Grace's body was ready for the ratio of fat to carb to protein. Unfortunately this means that we are still in St. Paul. Sunday night Grace didn't sleep well, yesterday she slept most of the day. She just wanted to be held. I stayed with her last night- just couldn't bear to leave. She slept well and she woke up this morning with a few things to say.... and man did she scream when they poked her for the third time this morning trying to get some blood to check her levels - again.

I was told by our nurses that Grace is one tough girl. I had to agree.

We stood in her window this morning watching the cars driving by - she turned back to me at one point, lifted her arm to be held. And as I picked her up she looked me right in the eye.... and she just gave me this look that said... I know this is rough.... but we have to try -- she rested her head on my shoulder for just a moment and then tried to squirm out of my arms to get back to her car watching. ooooh I love her!

I can't wait to get her home, into her own bed, into her exersaucer - to sit in her chair with Hoover as her foot rest, and to hear that little clicking noise she makes to get to sleep through the baby monitor.

The earliest we will leave here is tomorrow - it's entirely possible it will be more like Friday. More later.

Joy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh...you sweet little girl...I know you are tough too!.....I'm praying that you get to come home tomorrow and no more poking!!!

....I loved looking at your pictures of you at the lake... you look like you enjoyed it! Hope I get to see you soon!
jennifer